JULY 17, 2023 - DUE TO SHORT STAFFING IN THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER (CDC), APPOINTMENTS ARE AT LIMITED CAPACITY. PLEASE UTILIZE ONLINE RESOURCES ON OUR WEBSITE TO DEVELOP YOUR PROFESSIONAL DOCUMENTS AND SKILLS BEFORE SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT.
Mock interviews are one-on-one interview sessions designed to simulate a "real" interview. Students and Alumni can choose to either have their mock interview in-person or virtual, but some professors do prefer one method over the other.
To schedule a mock interview:
- Complete a virtual interview using Big Interview
- Complete the online registration here
- Call the Career Development Center at 453-2391 to schedule an interview time
- Come prepared and ready to learn.
Here are some things you should know:
- Professional attire is recommended. Note: Unprofessional dress results in the loss of points on your evaluation.
- Double-check your webcam's audio and video before entering the Zoom interview. (If Applicable)
- Enter the Zoom meeting five minutes before your scheduled interview. Late arrivals will be asked to reschedule and must write a letter of apology to their interviewer.
Thank you for your interest in the SIU Career Development Center Mock Interview Program. We hope you find the experience to be informative and enlightening. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.