Before requesting an employer account in HIRE A SALUKI, please take a moment to assess your organization’s eligibility. To protect our students/alumni from fraudulent companies, we have certain criteria employers must meet before their request for an account is approved.
OUR WEB-BASED JOB SEARCH SYSTEM IS FREE AND ALLOWS EMPLOYERS TO:
- Post jobs, internships, cooperative education, on-campus student employment, fellowships, and grad school opportunities;
- Request virtual events, tabling opportunities, and in-person employer information sessions;
- Register for job fairs;
- Manage on-campus interviews; and
- Search for students meeting specific job criteria by viewing student profiles and resumes.
The SIU School of Law Career Services assists employers who would like to connect with law students. They have many options available including job postings, on-campus interviews, candidate intern searches, and more.
ACCOUNT AND EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Employers must complete all account information when requesting approval to HIRE A SALUKI. This includes a complete company description, an active website address, a corporate/company email domain, and a verifiable physical address. Personal email addresses, such as Gmail, are discouraged.
- Job/Career/Employment Information must be available directly on the employer website or on their LinkedIn account. The LinkedIn icon must appear on the employer website and link to employment opportunities.
Southern Illinois University abides by the Principles for Ethical Professional Practice of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines. When requesting an account, the employer agrees to abide by NACE and EEOC guidelines and standards.
The employer must comply with all federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws (Title VI and IX, and ADA) and all other applicable employment laws.
The selling or soliciting of goods and/or services to students via HIRE A SALUKI or via information found on HIRE A SALUKI is not allowed. Employers may contact students for recruiting/employment purposes only.
Employers must be in good standing with the University and be recruiting individuals for which we have programs of study.
The University reserves the right to deny employer accounts. The following is a list of some types of organizations and/or practices that may prohibit an account from being approved at Southern Illinois University.
- Organizations that require students/alumni to pay application fees and/or participation fees is against our recruiting policies.
- Third-party employers and professional employer organization (PEO) requests are assessed and approved on a case-by-case basis. Disclosure as a third-party recruiter and the names of companies for which they are recruiting is required. In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), candidate information may only be released to the identified employer. Re-disclosure of candidate information is not permitted.
- Multi-level marketing (MLM) organizations (also called pyramid selling, network marketing, and referral marketing organizations) are strictly prohibited.
- Any personal service-oriented jobs (i.e.
babysitting, nanny, pet-sitting/dog walking, house-sitting, etc.)
- Modeling agencies
- We generally prohibit companies without operations in the United States as we are not able to approve
foreign-basedemployers. Active business registration in the United States (Corporation, LLC or other) is generally required.
- Teaching abroad positions, third-party international internship programs, and similar requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. These organizations may be required to provide additional information.
- We strictly prohibit employers who misrepresent their organization by providing dishonest information or omitting critical information.
- We reserve the right to deny organizations that have been flagged/a low trust scores/incomplete information/etc. on HIRE A SALUKI or companies that have complaints on websites such as BBB, Glassdoor, etc.
SIU reserves the right to discontinue access to HIRE A SALUKI at any time without warning.
Please note that employer accounts and job posting information on HIRE A SALUKI
Review the HIRE A SALUKI Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions.
Complete your organization’s employer account request.
Please allow for a 24-48 hour response. We receive hundreds of employer account requests each week. If additional information is required, you will receive a message from us through HIRE A SALUKI.
Third-Party Employers - Complete and submit the terms of the
If your account is declined and you would like clarification, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon your account being approved, you may post jobs and internships, search for potential applicants, register for job fairs, and request on-campus interviews.
To learn more